Saturday, November 15, 2008

What do i do?

i am a Asian Local Markets Trader

Contrary to popular belief - i do not use other people's money to invest and then skim off the top.

My role is to facilitate the flow of funds to the most dynamic and growing country in the Asian region. I create and maintain the process and access required for investment funds to flow freely into these countries.

I use the bank's capital to create that access and push investment monies into this countries when opportunities arise. At the same time, we provide that same access when capital is repatriated.

To ensure efficiency and to continue growing that access, my business is continuosly assessed on the returns we make against the capital allocated.

I feel that the bigger purpose of what i do is ensuring that countries with the greatest potential receive the greatest funds to grow and to prosper. In the last 10 years, i think Asia's growth has been fueled by this huge amount of capital that has flowed in. My buisness helped that growth.

Unfortunately, my role is a two way bridge. We provide access when opportunities arise BUT we continue to provide that access when capital leaves. Hence the poor reputation we get.

As we go into the hardest year the world is about to face...it is my greatest hope that my business continues to grow. If it grows, it means globalisation continues and Asia grows to the potential it is meant to grow to - a global power with prosperity continuing to spread along every country is Asia.

here's hoping for the best.

ved

2 comments:

yaso said...

I believe it will grow but at slower rate.
I also believe that the skills you have obtained will give a niche.
I cannot believe that people will stop investing in other countries just because it is a recession or shall i say depression.
I cannot believe that the human race will mot make through this depression.

ramuk avis ved said...

haha, thanks for the support. and you are right i am an optimist at heart as well. But it is going to be a hard year for everyone